This post may contain affiliate links to products we love and use. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I found the best banana bread recipe and I just had to share it!
It is originally from ‘De groene meisjes’ and written in Dutch, but because the world needs to know the recipe, I decided to translate it. So here it is! Please let me know if you make it, because it is honestly amazing!
1 cup oat flour (just blend oats to a flour consistency)
1 cup Spelt flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dates
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 big ripe bananas (or 4 small ones)
Extra: 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (or whatever else you like!)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dates, milk and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Mash the bananas (or add them to the blender like I usually do)
5. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
6. Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes.
7. Allow it to cool before serving.
Prefer a printable version?
Check out this Printable Recipe Card I made for you. I love adding this to my recipe binder.
It is seriously the best banana bread I have ever tried so I am curious what you think!