This post may contain affiliate links to products we love and use. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
It’s almost December, which means a new year is just around the corner. It is important to prepare for a new year and think about it early in December. Because when those last two weeks hit nobody will know what day it is and all of a sudden it’s January.
Here’s a list of things to prepare for a new year:
- Get a new budget planner. (I use the planner from The budget mom. You can shop them here.)
- Get a new personal planner. (I use a Happy Planner.) Want to know how I use my planner? Check out my blogpost on how I block schedule.
- Fill out every important date in your new planner. Birthdays, holidays, weddings, etc. They should all get scheduled in at the beginning of the year. Yes that list will change, but the more you can plan in advance the better.
- Define your family’s goals. Do you want to have more date nights? How much would you like to have saved at the end of the year? etc. The major categories we use:
– Budget and saving
– Marriage time (how many date nights)
– Family time (How often do we go on one-on-one dates with each child?)
- Set goals for every aspect of life. These are goals you set for your business, for self care, fitness, etc.
- Set up monthly challenges I like to set up monthly challenges. This allows you to focus on a specific area each month. Which makes it easier to create new habits.
- Look at your schedules and routines. Where can you tweak things to make it work better. For example; can the chores for your kids be expanded?
What do you do to prepare for the new year?