This post may contain affiliate links to products we love and use. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
You finally have some time alone, but you don’t really know what to do. So you end up scrolling through Social Media, looking at other people’s ‘perfect’ lives and feel even worse than before you had some time for yourself.. Can you relate?! I certainly felt like this for a long time! Until I found out some of the things that FILL my cup instead of draining it!
I believe it is important for every mom to spend some time without her kids. It doesn’t have to be long, but it is necessary nonetheless! I have written a post about it before, but I wanted to emphasise it again.
As a mom you can easily have your days filled with the kids, but you are more than just a mom! Here’s your reminder from a previous post I did about that! I believe it is just as important to take care of yourself, so let’s dive into some tips!
But what do you actually do during some time without kids? Because obviously scrolling through Social Media will not be very helpful.
What to do during your time alone?
This is obviously highly personal and depends on a lot of things. But here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Grab a cup of coffee or tea and read a few pages from your favourite book
- Read a bible verse you love
- Turn on some music and soak in the words! (I love listening to worship music!)
- Watch a motivational YouTube video
- Take a nice long shower
- Do something for personal care, like painting your nails
- Turn on your diffuser with a relaxing oil blend or use a calming roller (try Peace&Calming or Stress Away!)
- Do a workout
- Close your eyes for a power nap (I knew you were thinking it)
- Call your best friend or mom or whomever you feel like talking to
- Do some research for a project. I like to get lost on Pinterest sometimes and dream about interiors ideas for a future home.
- Or simply be still and pray or meditate
Whatever you choose to do, make sure it is something you enjoy doing and want to do. Remember, it has to fill your cup!
What are some of your favourite things to do when you have time for yourself? Share them below so you can inspire other readers!